The Home Handyman - Storm door installed incorrectly, missing parts
Earlier this year I have hired David Grgurich of The Home Handyman Co located in Concord, Ohio, to install two security storm doors in my place. Mr Grgurich suggested the brand of the doors carried by Lowe's; he even referred me to a particular salesman at Lowe's. I paid for the doors but he picked them up, delivered and installed.
Afterwards I started having problems locking the doors; at times I tried and tried to lock them but was unsuccessful. Then once I let the front door slam while carrying out garbage, and the door slammed shut; I was unable to open it. Glad I had all the keys with me, so drove to a local library and finally had to call the Fire Department to let me in. They made their way through a window but were still unable to unlock the door even from the inside, so let me in through a back door. Later I had to call a locksmith to unlock that door.
I contacted Mr Grgurich who rather reluctantly agreed to come and fix the door. He made some adjustments but commented that he was doing so out of courtesy. It was only a couple of months following his installation! I checked the invoice that he e-mailed me in PDF format, and low and behold, he conveniently omitted saying anything about warranty. Lesson learned: never assume that a warranty is standard, always inquire.
A few months afterwards, I discovered a large gap at the bottom of that door. Through that gap, the leaves, the snow and whatnot flows in and can potentially end up in the living room. The gap was created due to absence of a brass plate that was missing on the front door (but present on the rear door). Both doors are identical, except for the width; if that plate was present on one of them, it should have been on the other one as well. In other words, this plate or a kickplate or a sweep, whatever you call it, was in the box with the door initially, I bet, but then mysteriously disappeared. I don't know what he did with it, but now I have no other choice but to order it separately and have it installed. That after I have already paid over $1,000 for the both doors, parts and labor.
All Mr Grgurich has to say is that I was the one who purchased the door. However all I did was pay for it, but he was the one who picked it up, delivered and installed. For godsakes, I do not install doors for a living. But if I did, I would double check and make sure that all contents of the box were installed correctly. And I would offer a warranty period in writing.
Bottom line: I do not recommend Mr Grgurich who is the owner operator of The Home Handyman company, located in Concord Ohio. BEWARE.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Security Storm Door Installation
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Have a seat. This is going to take a while. I’ll try to keep it short and just give the facts, but there is a lot of them..."
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "I purchased a new home from Shea, paying above market rates for upgrades. After the 10 year home warranty period we discovered wood rot in the deck, which we paid..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "I ordered two dozen roses from proflowers.com for my wife for our anniversary. The price wasn't too bad even though the shipping/handling fees are fairly high, but I thought that..."
- "BEWARE!! They issued us a seasonal ticket telling us they would replace our driveway and our walkway in the spring well knowing we would be out of warranty. Today I..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."
- "Wow, this site is breaking all the rules that exist to protect our privacy. 2 listings were available for my name, as I have lived in two different townships. One..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."